AWS WELL-ARCHITECTED ALIGNMENT
Comply with best practices from the AWS Well-Architected Framework. Continuously.
Get well-architected — and maintain continuous compliance with the five pillars of the AWS Well-Architected Framework. Without compromising DevOps speed.
Trusted by innovative brands
What is AWS Well-Architected?
AWS solutions architects have identified best practices for architecting systems in the cloud. The result is the AWS Well-Architected Framework based on five pillars: cost optimization, security, reliability, performance efficiency, and operational excellence.
AWS Well-Architected Reviews, where critical workloads are assessed for compliance with the five pillars of Well-Architected, make the Framework actionable.
Why is this important to your business? A Well-Architected infrastructure can drive business results like reducing costs or security and compliance risk, improving the reliability of your core systems for better customer experiences, and much more.
How does nOps support AWS Well-Architected?
nOps provides automated discovery of your infrastructure’s alignment with AWS Well-Architected Framework guidelines and will accelerate and improve the accuracy of a Well-Architected Review or other AWS infrastructure assessment.
What’s more, since alignment with Well-Architected guidance should be monitored continuously (best practices are not one-and-done), nOps provides continuous compliance feedback on the health of your AWS infrastructure. This is powerful — as a follow-on to your Review or simply to drive good cloud practices.
nOps features − AWS Well-Architected alignment
Save up to 30% or more in AWS costs with nOps cost dashboards and Reserved Instances planning.
Avoid security breaches and comply with industry standards with nOps security dashboard with an audit trail.
Mitigate business disruptions with nOps alerts on changes to your AWS environment and rules-powered recovery.
Optimize AWS resources with nOps alerts on underutilized resources, plus resource usage by user.
Support business objectives with nOps automated, centralized asset deployment and custom workflows.
Identify, eliminate, and avoid unneeded costs and underutilized resources — save up to 30% or more.
- Reduce costs quickly by identifying zombie instances and underutilized resources.
- View all AWS resource costs on the cost dashboard and prioritize resources for right-sizing.
- Track your use of Reserved Instances (RIs) and get RI planning recommendations.
- Detect billing anomalies (costs in your infrastructure that do not fit typical parameters) based on machine learning.
- Track change originators in your workload and related costs.
Get real-time, continuous notifications of security risks and non-compliance, to avoid breaches and achieve compliance with industry standards.
- Create customized security profiles to identify and support remediation of security violations aligned with Well-Architected guidance.
- Security dashboard with detailed security audit trails that can be configured on email or PagerDuty.
- Predefined and customizable security rules for automated checks and alerts, e.g., unrestricted SSH, tag violations, and S3 security.
- Simplified tracking of Identity and Access Management (IAM), e.g., root account MFA, inactive access keys.
- Continuous visibility into violations of AWS Config rules, e.g., users without multi-factor authentication (MFA) using IAM groups and IAM roles.
- Scans to identify accessible resources, ports, and protocols (e.g., virtual private cloud resources running in a public subnet) to reduce your attack surface area.
- Data protection of data at rest, public read and write S3 buckets, AWS Console logins.
- User-friendly option to override known violations and suppress alerts.
Mitigate infrastructure or service disruptions, with nOps monitoring and alerts for:
- Critical changes to resources, configurations, and security groups, with associated timelines.
- Functionality of Amazon DynamoDB on-demand backup and restore.
- Enablement of automated backups of Amazon RDS database instances.
- Operability of Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS) volumes with snapshots, to provide a baseline for new volumes or data backup.
- Monitoring the encryption of data at rest.
- Checking backup policy for resources, using nOps.
Plus, nOps provides you with a Change Management Report and audit trail to identify and track changes that are essential to many compliance requirements.Start Free Trial
Maintain efficiency of computing resources as demand changes and technologies evolve, with nOps monitoring and alerts for:
- Resource limits reached across multiple AWS products.
- Provisioned DynamoDB throughput approaching the maximum limit for your account.
- Amazon EBS IOPS performance.
- Underutilized resources.
- Efficiency of Amazon EC2 instances.
- Usage of Reserved Instances.
Automate your deploy, update, and operate workloads with nOps’ powerful workflow engine, using AWS Service Catalog and AWS CloudFormation to:
- Increase auto-approvals.
- Reduce exceptions.
- Accelerate deployments.
- Improve compliance.
What customers are saying
We asked for help in meeting the ISO security standard and were delighted that nOps delivered dramatic cost savings as well.”
Marc Goodell, EVP, Environments & Infrastructure, 6Connex
We particularly like nOps’ billing anomaly, change management, change reports, and cost dashboard features, which enable Yewno to track costs and changes on a continuous basis.”
Bruno Barbosa, Head of Infrastructure/DevOps, Yewno
We saved 30% on our AWS cloud infrastructure costs. Any startup on AWS should be using nOps. Otherwise, how are you staying on top of your infrastructure?"
Vanessa Krumb, CEO, Revere
I particularly like the weekly Change Reports that nOps provides because we can see who is using what — and at what cost — and take remedial action to stem unnecessary AWS expense.”
Director of Engineering - Learning Games, Game Developer
nOps lets organizations manage all aspects of AWS infrastructure and cloud-based development to track, manage, and control the environments in which their systems run.”
Ovum, On the Radar, 29 May 2018
[nOps] offers both clear oversight of dependencies and a quick route to identifying cost savings across cloud.”
HfS Research, HfS Hot Vendors 2018, April 2018
Learn more about nOps
The latest nOps news, posts, events, and more.