Recommendations for Managing & Purchasing Reserved Instances
Thursday, Aug 5 at 11am PT
What to Consider Before Purchasing RIs
Before buying reserved instances at a discount, you need to know about any hidden perils associated with RIs. Learn how to select the right type of Spot Instance, choose an ideal AWS resource capacity, and recommend the right quantity of resources based on your workload. In this session, experts from nOps and AWS will provide recommendations for purchasing and managing Reserved Instances to help you save up to 30% in costs.
- Tagging and Right-Sizing Instances Properly
- Eliminating Waste & Unused Resources
- RIs vs Savings Plans
- Ideal RI Purchasing Strategy
- Capacity Planning & Resource Audit
Agenda: (All times PT)
- 11:00 – 11:05 am – Welcome & Intros – JT Giri, nOps
- 11:05 – 11:20 am – Reserved Instances on AWS – Michael Nguyen, AWS
- 11:20 – 11:35 am – Recommendations for Managing RIs – Mike Till, nOps
- 11:35 – 11:50 am – RI Purchasing Strategy – Tim Cassell, nOps
- 11:50 – 12:00 pm – Live Q&A – nOps & AWS
- Learn how to select the right RIs types.
- How to maximise cost saving using RIs.
- How to achieve optimum utilization of RIs.
- Get a FREE RI Assessment for your workloads.
Special Offer: All eligible attendees will qualify for a Free Cost Optimization Assessment by an AWS-certified Solutions Architect at nOps.
Mike is a pre-sales Solution Architect with experience working with AWS and cloud-based organizations. Over the last few years, Mike has worked for various cloud management platforms to help organizations bring order to the chaos that can be the cloud.
Tim joined nOps as Director of FinOps, where he’s developing and leading the new Consolidated Billing Program powered by ShareSave Service. Before joining nOps, Tim was an AWS Practice Lead at Kaizen Technology Partners. He had prior senior management roles in operations and engineering at Workday, PayPal, and Accenture, and as a consultant at Ernst & Young. He has a B.S. degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering from Ohio University and AWS certifications: Solutions Architect – Professional and Security – Specialty.
Senior Solutions Architect
Michael Nguyen is a Senior Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services (AWS). Michael is working with leading Financial Technology startups in the San Francisco Bay Area and New York to innovate and build business solutions on the AWS cloud platform. He has an extensive background with experience in Advanced Cloud Computing, Financial Services & Banking, Aerospace & Defense, Consumer Banking Information Technology, and US NATO Military Avionics and Systems Engineering/Architecture.