What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Service, personal information and nonpersonal information. Personal information is information that you may supply to us, as described more fully below, i.e., when you obtain a subscription, complete a survey, register on the Service, upload content, participate in a community, or provide your
e-mail address. Personal information is any information that can individually identify you and includes, among other things, your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, credit card, billing and contact information. Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your location,
demographics, use of the Service and the Internet.
As a general matter, you can browse the Service without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us or our agents with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information.
• Registration for an account on the Service
• Registration for an event sponsored by nOps
• Profile information that You provide for Your user profile
• Uploading Content to the Service
• Commenting to blog entries
• Submitting an application to work at nOps
• Participation in surveys
• Sign up to receive alerts or other information via email, text or instant message from nOps
• Request for sales calls, customer service, support requests or other assistance
• Service related communications, e.g. account verification; technical notification
• Participation in communities, commenting to blog entries and participation in other forums
• Submission of content or other data and information on any part of the Service that permits it
• Any other place on the Service where you knowingly volunteer personal information
In addition, when you interact with the Service, we may collect certain information that does not identify you individually and our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our Service (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we collect and store the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
• Non-identifiable demographic data such as age, gender, and five digit zip code as part of collecting personal information
• Device information about your computer, browser, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Service. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
• Analytics and usage information about your use of the Service. Data collected is limited to that required to analyze and optimize the customer cloud spend.
• Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
• Other information regarding your use of the Service.
Collection of Your Source IP Address/Location Information
We may collect and store location information about you on the Service and associated with your account that you volunteer on the Service or enable through the Service or your device. We will not collect any location information that you do not volunteer or enable. We will delete any location information that you request is deleted. We do collect and store your device’s source IP
address which may disclose the location of your device at the time you access the Service.
so you do not need to log in at every visit. This helps us to provide you with service tailored to your specific needs and
interests. A cookie is created when you register for a service
common versions of different browsers
yours is a repeat visit or a first visit
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, some features of the Sites may not work or may not work as designed. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We do not use flash cookies, web storage, web beacons or other technology that tracks your browsing history across multiple websites.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Service. We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
• To upload your content to our Service as you request
• To permit you to update, edit, and manage your content on our Service
• To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us (including service related announcements) and send
you information about features and enhancements on our Service
• To communicate with you about changes to our policies
• To communicate with you about your comment to a blog post
• To personalize content and experiences on our Service, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback
based on your preferences
• To disclose anonymized Personal Information to disclose statistics and analytics and other details regarding the use of our
• To optimize or improve our products, services and operations
• To automatically update the Service on your device
• To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
• To perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Service
Use of Your Location Information
Specifically, we use your location information to:
• Personalize content on our Service, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your
• Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
• Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
• Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Service and their purchasing patterns
Combination of Your Personal Information
We use the information from one portion of the Sites on other portions of Sites in our network of Sites or in reports and analysis, all of which are owned and operated by nOps, and we may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Sites into a single customer record or analysis or report. We also use and/or combine information that we collect off-line or we collect or receive from third party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your customer records.
Who Do We Provide Your Information To?
Personal Information as part of a customer list or similar transaction.
Business Partners and Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with our business partners from time to time. You may withdraw your consent to oursharing of your Personal Information with business partners and third parties at any time by following the opt-out process described below.
We have third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, push notifications, storage, bandwidth, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to the Personal Information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that Personal Information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Service.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is
necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Service; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Service or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Service or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
nOps E-mail and Text Communications
E-mail communications and text messages sent from Us or through Us are designed to make Your nOps experience more efficient. By participating in the Services, You specifically agree to accept and consent to receiving e-mail communications and text messages initiated from Us or through Us, which include, without limitation: message notification e-mails, e-mails or text messages informing You about potential available Tutors or Tutees and e-mails informing You of promotions We run and emails informing You of new and existing features We provide. Standard text messaging charges applied by Your cell phone carrier will apply to text messages We send. If You change Your mobile phone service provider, the notification service may be deactivated for Your phone number and You may need to re-enroll in the notification service. nOps reserves the right to cancel the notification service at any time. If You do not wish to receive any of our e-mail communications or text messages, please do not use the Services.
What Steps Are Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure?
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your Personal Information. We exercise great care in providing secure
transmission of your information from your device to our servers. Personal Information collected by our Service are stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your Personal Information to you. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How Can We Transfer Your Personal Information?
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, nOps, its Clients, Affiliates, or its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and user Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at privacy@nOps.io
What Happens When I Link To or From Another Website?
Changes to This Policy
As our Service continues to develop, we may add new services and features to our Service. In the event that these additions
How Do I Opt-Out or Correct Information About Me
You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages and newsletters from nOps. We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us by going into your profile settings and choosing the appropriate options. To opt-out, you can also send us a message at privacy@nOps.io. Please note, however, that you generally cannot opt-out of service related announcements, e.g. if the Service is temporarily suspended or if delivery of a product or service is delayed.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of nOps who are California residents to request certain information
regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to privacy@nOps.io. These Services will respect your browser’s Do Not Track signals (or other well-established, commercially available mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information). If we receive a Do Not Track notice, we will stop using any Personal Information for online behavioral advertising purposes