As many tech organizations shift more resources to Kubernetes, cost-optimizing EKS is increasingly crucial. Yet, teams often lack the time and sophisticated tools needed to continually monitor and optimize cloud resources.
Copilot automates the scheduling and scaling of your workloads for maximal stability, time savings, and cost savings — ensuring you are always on optimal cloud resource combinations with minimal engineering intervention.
Copilot makes it easy to save with Spot, while upholding the utmost standards of reliability.
Using Spot safely with Cluster Autoscaler can be a complex and time-consuming task, involving challenges like:
- Spot interruptions disrupting workloads
- Continually shifting price and capacity in the Spot market
- The need to repeatedly balance Spot usage with existing Savings Plan and Reserved Instance commitments
Copilot navigates these challenges seamlessly on your behalf. Every 10 minutes, it analyzes the Spot market to predict termination 60 minutes in advance. It then automatically and continually moves your workloads onto diverse and less risky instance types, minimizing your risk of interruption. This proactive approach allows you to benefit from Spot savings, with enterprise-level SLAs for reliability.
Copilot offers automated real-time instance reconsideration
Copilot continually monitors your dynamic usage and your existing SP and RI commitments, ensuring you are on the most cost-effective and stable blend of compute resources possible at all times.
At nOps, our mission is to make it easy for engineers to cost optimize, so they can focus on building and innovating. With the platform, there’s no longer a reason to manually manage workloads; Copilot does it for you more effectively and at a lower cost.
And there’s no vendor lock in — Copilot updates configurations in your AWS-native tools, meaning no major architecture update is needed to onboard or offboard. Plug it in or walk away at any time.
- Scaling Operation: Cluster Autoscaler triggers a scaling operation by adjusting the DesiredCapacity of the ASG.
- Compute Copilot Lambda Activation: Whenever the ASG launches a new on-demand instance (e.g., in response to a desired capacity change), the Compute Copilot Lambda is activated.
- Spot Instance Launch: The Compute Copilot Lambda responds by automatically launching a Spot instance configured to mirror the settings of the On-Demand instance.
- Attachment to ASG: The Spot instance is seamlessly attached to the Cluster, confirming its serviceability.
- Graceful Pod Removal: The Compute Copilot Lambda communicates with the Compute Copilot Agent running in the EKS Cluster to gracefully remove pods from the On-Demand instance before termination, preserving the integrity of your EKS environment.
- On-Demand Instance Removal: The Compute Copilot Lambda terminates the corresponding On-Demand instance, completing the migration process.